...my favorite sites

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

miss, you're crying.

as i processed this past week with my spiritual director, she told me that i experienced a "wonderful lesson in the communion of saints." she told me that i was "peter to someone else" - i was someone's peter. i totally understood. it is the simon peter that jesus asked, do you love me, peter? with peter responding, yes, 3 times...jesus responded and instructed, feed my sheep.

jesus trusted peter, regardless of any wrongdoing, regardless of the 3 times denying him pre-suffering and crucifixion. peter had a mission. and jesus was going to continue that mission in him.

there simon peter and i were, frying tilapia on the shore. where was jesus? speaking through peter himself. it's never been so vivid, and the connection was ridiculous. wisdom and grace all around. :)

one of my students shared with me some of her literary work this afternoon. it was more than difficult to read because of its content, but the work was beautiful. she's one of my students that has shared her life with me, and has served as a true reminder to me this year, of why it is that i choose to do ministry with young girls. she's had a more than difficult childhood and adolescence, and through it all, there is so much beauty, so much joy, so much reflection, and so much desire for jesus' presence in her life, that is nearly impossible for me to sit with her, and not see jesus' handiwork staring at me in the face.

i was at a loss for words, and bringing together my prayer for the week, with this key moment that i had with this student, it just all came together. springing from the roots, and letting the flowers bloom on their own, i see her dancing. the womb of God is dancing always.

No comments:

Post a Comment