...my favorite sites

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

reading our hearts :)


...final reflections from me, mary, and michelle on our mission year in new york (michelle's 2nd year, 1st year for me and mary!)...i thought it was really cool how we all ended our reflections with "thank you." :) so characteristic, that of course we would share a common thread in something! always!

even during moments of reflection during the year, i remember that most the time, all we could do was express our gratitude, and talk about all the blessings and graces we have received, from the MSCs, each other, our ministry sites, and from our brothers and sisters in new york city.

i think if we had our way, we would write pages upon pages of reflection on our mission year...but alas, we have learned (somewhat) how to be concise, and to save the rest for our personal journals and blogs :) ...which would always have some way of externally processing themselves at late night sessions about life, even though mish and i would have to be up at 5:30am every morning.

michelle talks about how "we all see each other as equals." one of the first things that came to my mind when she said that, was how during our orientation with the GSVs, when gina mentioned the "I <3 NY" idea...we proceeded to create our "WE <3..." posters...and of course, we all split up the duties equally...it was just so natural for us! and then, of course, once uncovering our enneagram numbers at the enneagram workshop many months later, it all made sense. hahaha head/heart/gut. wouldn't want it any other way! all i have to say is, having mary and michelle in my room certainly gives me motivation to clean my room. can't wait till we are reunited again. happy reading :) thanks for coming along with us this year!
2010 Mission Stories

1 comment:

  1. Crystal, I'm enjoying reading your blog and hope to connect with you in a bit after you get settled in some more. Please give my love to Srs Bernadette and Terezinha!

    ReplyDelete