...my favorite sites

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

profound thirst

from Secret Fire by Father Joseph Langford, MC, co-founder of Mother Teresa's priests' community...

"Friends, allow yourself (as did the Samaritan woman) to feel Jesus' thirst for you:
I thirst for you. Yes, that is the only way toe ven begin to describe my love for you.
I thirst for you. I thirst to love you and to be loved by you - that is how precious you are to me.
I thirst for you. Come to me, and I will fill your heart and heal your wounds...
I thirst for you. You must never doubt my mercy, my acceptance of you, my desire to forgive, my longing to bless you and live my life in you.
I thirst for you. If you feel unimportant in the eyes of the world, that matters not at all. For me there is no one more important in the entire world than you...
I thirst for you. All I ask of you is that you entrust yourself to me completely. I will do the rest."

included in the march 27, 2011 edition, reflection written by Fr. James H. Kroeger, MM, of the sambuhay publication (a pastoral ministry of the priests and brothers of the society of st. paul)

No comments:

Post a Comment