...my favorite sites

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

it's good to be here.

i can't remember the last time i had to write a paper more than two pages double spaced.


my assignment for my "Human Integration for the Religious Life" class is to write a 5-6 page double-spaced paper on how/what I have resonated with, with regards to the class material over the course of the semester. We read articles on Religious Life in the 21st Century, read some Buechner articles, discussed conversion and its challenges, self-appropriation, transcendence, and the list goes on...

my problem is not so much that i don't know what to write about... cause wow - there's A LOT to write about with regards to how i feel i have grown into "getting to know" myself again, after years of traveling and living abroad...but, the difficulty is moreso, how do i synthesize it all together, as i am still trying to make sense of it all?

i think that's what this paper is allowing me to do...to process things, AS i write them out, and to begin naming those experiences - the ones that gave me joy, and the ones that were painful and not joyful. AND the ones that made me laugh, and the ones that still remain so vivid in my mind and heart.

sure enough, i started writing just from one snippet of one moment, and it nearly took up a page. couple things - i most certainly will write a book in my lifetime (this 5-6 pager will probably be 5% of the prologue), and two, i am beginning to see how all of my experiences have truly been road signs to the next step. and so, the journey continues, and i am to remember, that nothing is wasted.

believe it.

here's a song for you: nothing is wasted by jason gray

No comments:

Post a Comment