...my favorite sites

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

all worth it

today's gospel: jn 16:12-15

"Jesus said to his disciplines, 'I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.'" // THIS spoke to me so loud and clear tonight during evening prayer with sr. terezinha. there is a plan here, there is something WAY bigger than me, and bigger than this mission that is at work here, and i know that hat is jesus and the spirit moving in this place...i am just so anxious to find out what brilliant plan is unraveling itself right now, and i just hope that i am on the right track...something tells me i am, and that's always a good sign :) but, not gonna lie, sometimes i'm like, is this really what i am supposed to do?

when tough times come my way, i have learned to offer it up. when i am doing a mundane task, i offer it up and i think about my motivation behind what i am doing and ask myself, "why?" when i go back to the main cause that i am working for here, it keeps me going. :)

the first reading talks about how paul went to athens, spoke his truth, and they pretty much told him, "ummm, thanks, but come back another time." the meditation in my prayer book is as follows: "At that point Paul leaves them. Although his efforts in Athens mostly failed, there were a few converts. Even if there were only one, it would have been worth it. Jesus would go after one lost sheep, and that is the spirit he wants us to have." that is certainly a challenge here on mission in baguio city. i reflect on our bible studies, on our liturgies, on the times we are speaking with the parents and the children, and i think to myself...are they even listening or do they even understand my broken tagalog and fast-paced english (i'm working on slowing it down!)?

regardless, i trust that the spirit moves through our heart, our efforts, and our good will, and we are living our mission as we are called.

No comments:

Post a Comment