...my favorite sites

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

lead me home

my dear friends, the emotional rollercoaster which i have been on, is well on its way. thanks for coming along! my cubicle has been stripped, my clothes have yet to be packed, and my furniture has yet to be taken apart and distributed. so here we go: wednesday, crystal moves out of LA. the time in between, i'll be enjoying orange county and sunday, crystal gets on a plane with her one-way ticket to philadelphia for orientation. it is really crazy to believe that a week from now, i will be spending the night in a seminary with other volunteers who will also be serving with other organizations. it's training, it's orientation, and we're definitely diving right in.

this has all been such a blessing - from timing, to clarity in decision, to the prayers from friends, and prayers from strangers, blessings from priests and congregations, hugs from friends, and even sunday morning when i had a solo at church and couldn't get through the song because of tears which started to come down my face. it is all a blessing, and all good. let the glory fall and may my heart be open, because, just as i had no idea i would be taking a step as a missionary, this could go anywhere...

the place where God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deepest hunger meet - frederick buechner

No comments:

Post a Comment