...my favorite sites

Sunday, August 9, 2009

rain down, rain down...

it's raining today!!!!

so i know a lot of you are really curious as to what it is like to live here...it was a realization this morning at mass, that, living at a convent, and going to mass with them is like living with 30 of your sweetest grandmothers. i am always greeted with a hug and a kiss by each sister as they call me by name, and i am still struggling to learn each of their names, but i'm slowly but surely getting it. this is such a beautiful experience.

it's really funny to see them bicker with one another, yesterday i got to play piano for some of them as they walked in and out, just sitting and listening, crocheting, and watching, and the best is when one of them comes into my room (since my door was open!) and she said it looked like a tornado in there. holler :)

i slept like a rock last night, minus the 2 accidental bumps on the wall that my elbow created cause i guess i was fidgety, but it was awesome. the rain pitter-pattered quite loudly on my window, but i was ok with it. i was not happy waking up to an alarm, but it was not bad.

from our response ability training...here's an amazing song that you should listen to - Whatever You're Doing by Sanctus Real:

It's time for healing, time to move on.
It's time to fix whats been broken too long.
Time to make right, what has been wrong.
It's time to find my way to where I belong.

There's a wave that's crashing over me,and all I can do is surrender.

Whatever you're doing inside of me,it feels like chaos but somehow theres peace.
And it's hard to surrender to what I can't see,but I'm giving into something heavenly.

Time for a milestone, time to begin again, re-evaluate who I really am.
Am I doing everything to follow your will?
I'm just climbing aimlessly over these hills.

So show me what it is you want from me,
I'd give everything, I surrender to...

Time to face up, clean this old house.
Time to breathe in, and let everything out,that I've wanted to say, for so many years.Time to release some of held back tears.

Whatever you're doing inside of me,it feels like chaos but I believe...

You're up to something bigger than me,larger than life, something heavenly.

Whatever you're doing inside of me,it feels like chaos but now I can see...This is something bigger than me,larger than life, something heavenly.Something heavenly...

It's time to face up, clean this old house.Time to breathe in, and let everything out.

1 comment: