...my favorite sites

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

the seven C's

you've been Called/be Confident/be Competent/be Collaborative/be Candid/be Caring/CELEBRATE!

every day we've been here, we pretty much have notes full of helpful sayings, inspirational quotes, and different things to remember...the seven C's were given to us from a principal that has worked with many inner cities school for the past 2 decades pretty much, so i would say he's pretty wise. despite the fact that he was straight up staring at me as i nodded off to sleep, i was still able to jot down those 7 ideas and they are money. it's good stuff.

we had rita's italian ice last night and it was absolutely delicious. mango...AND...SWEDISH FISH flavor, RIGHT? shoot, so good. ok, i digress. relationships are an interesting thing..this has been something that has been constantly coming up. not so much in the romantic relationship setting, cause let's be honest, there hasn't really been anything super exciting or worth mentioning here, in my life, but just in general, relationships have been quite the theme here. perhaps because there is fear in maintaining relationships because people are far away from the bfs/gfs, or just their friends in general... it's a really fragile thing. it's a good one too.

it's really um, "interesting," for lack of a better word, when i hear myself talk about the past relationships i have been in, or the past types of males that i have allowed to take a couple hours of my time in the recent months. for one, it makes me feel a little old, and number two, i blame it on the fact that i was in LA. but i don't really blame it, because i LOVE LA and all that was included in it. no regrets!

looking back, i really think i have grown a lot, and i am still growing, and this has definitely helped me determine who is worth my time and who is not...which leads me to where i am now. there's just not enough hours in the day to shoot the shit with people who may drain me of my joy, life, or energy. as simple and as beautiful as that, it is non-negotiable. sorry buddy. BOOM. :) maybe that's just my explanation or what i tell myself to feel better about myself to make me think that there's nothing wrong with me, but really, it is what it is, and if you know me, you know i'm doing quite lovely. :) praise God for that.

and i think i also came to the conclusion that i have entered this life of service, and i don't see myself exiting. sooo...what that means, i'll leave it at that. and...on that note, here we go!!

holiness is faithfulness, holiness is joy...

No comments:

Post a Comment